Making a Simple Silhouette Tutorial
You will need
- Digital Camera
- Photo paper
- Sharp Scissors
- Plastic Wrap
- Black paint (or any color you want the silhouette to be)
- background paper
- Glue, double stick tape, or modge podge
1. Take a picture of your child’s (or you could use your pet too) profile.
(I took my daughter’s picture against a dark wall and used my flash – if you are making more than one, just BE SURE they stand in the same spot and you do not change your camera settings during shots – the silhouettes will be different sizes).
2. Sync your pictures up to your computer. I then turned my picture black & white and printed on photo paper .
3. Now, carefully cut out the silhouettes exactly.
4. Place silhouettes on plastic wrap (so the will not stick)and paint them black – you can paint the picture side or the back of the picture whichever.
When dry, place silhouettes on the background paper and center.
You can use double-stick tape, glue or modge podge the silhouette to the background paper.
Now place in a frame
Pro tip: you could add a little something extra by writing the child’s name, initials, date, etc. on the paper also.
This is a simple but gorgeous craft. This hang in my foyer and I get so many compliments on them.